Saturday, November 22, 2014

Decoupage Dictionary Page Christmas Ornaments

For many years I have had a 5-inch thick, vintage dictionary tucked away in the closet. I bought it at a yard sale with the intention of using it for craft projects. Until this week I had never touched it. I finally found a project where my old dictionary was perfect. Christmas ornaments decoupaged with book pages are all over Pinterest (see my Made From Book Pages board here) so this is not exactly an original idea but here is my twist on the idea.


I used Mod Podge to glue the pieces torn from the dictionary pages to the glass ornaments ($5 for 15 from Big Lots) and as a sealer coat on top of the paper. After allowing the Mod Podge to dry thoroughly, I sprayed on a light coat of clear acrylic sealer. In our often-humid climate the Mod Podge ends to become sticky or tacky and I noticed the instructions recommended the sealer. Once the sealer dried, I added glitter and tied a ribbon to the top to finish them off.


For plenty more inspiration, follow Better Nesting on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment